Vermont Boat Transport
Vermont Boat Transporters have to follow the Vermont state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for oversize (means over - length or width or height) boats:
- When you transport a boat in Vermont the hours of operation are regulated. Generally, the hours of operation are ½ hour after sunrise to ½ hour before sunset.
- Any boat over 8 feet 6 inches wide must have a permit issued by the state and permit service is required. Remember that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat will require an escort if boat size is over 12 feet wide.
- Any load over 14 feet may require a height pole.
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13 feet 6 inches, must be prior to transport.
- Travel Restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Vermont DOT at https://vtrans.vermont.gov/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience, we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros