Nebraska Boat Transport
Nebraska Boat Transporters have to follow the Nebraska state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Nebraska the hours of operation are regulated. Generally, the hours of operation are one-half hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 12’ wide will require an escort(s)
- A height pole may be required on loads over 14’6”
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Nebraska DOT at https://www.dor.state.ne.us/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience, we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros