Ohio Boat Transport
Ohio Boat Transporters have to follow the Ohio state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for oversize (means over – length or width or height) boats:
- When you transport a boat in Ohio, the state of the U.S then the hours of operation are regulated. Generally, the hours of operation are ½ hour after sunrise to ½ hour before sunset.
- Must have a permit issued by the Ohio state. If boat size is over 8 feet 6 inches wide, permit service is required. Note: To obtain a permit, allow at least 24 hours prior to transport a boat. Always remember that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- One escort will be required for any boat over 13 feet wide.
- Two escorts will be required for any boat over 14 feet 6 inches.
- A height pole is required on any load over 14 feet 6 inches.
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13 feet 6 inches, must be done so prior to transport.
- On Sunday, travel is NOT permitted and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Ohio Dot at http://www.dot.state.oh.us/
This info applies to all Boat Transport, Powerboat Transport, Sailboat Transport, Yacht Transport, and Small Boat Transport.
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros