Wisconsin Boat Transport
Wisconsin Boat Transporters have to follow the Wisconsin state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Wisconsin the hours of operation are regulated. Generally, the hours of operation are sunrise to sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. You may order online if you have an account set up in advance.Allow at least 24 hours for permit. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 15’ wide will require an escort(s)
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Wisconsin DOT at http://www.dot.state.wi.us/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience, we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros