Arizona Boat Transport
When Boat Transport Companies operate in Arizona they have DOT regulations to comply with. Arizona is one of the strictest states when it comes to hauling oversize boats in or through with scale houses that follow the letter of the law, further Arizona Boat Transporters routinely get checked when entering the state.
- In Arizona the hours of operation for transporting oversize boats are from sunrise to sunset.
- Arizona DOT as in most states also regulates the hours of operation inside city limits in metropolitan areas. This is 9:00 AM to 3:00PM in the afternoon. This as in all states is one of the reasons the laws that are governed by the state sometimes slows a boat transport truck down tremendously.
- In Arizona when transporting a oversize load a permit is always required, and checked.
- A boat is considered oversize if it exceeds 8.6 feet wide or 14 feet tall loaded. Arizona DOT regularly checks these measurements when entering the state. Measurements given on the permit and actual measurements must coincide.
- Pilot cars or escorts are required to escort the boat in transport when the overall measurements exceed 12 feet wide and 14 feet tall, loaded. Loaded meaning that once the boat is loaded it must not exceed 14 feet tall on the transport trailer.
For more info on Transporting Oversize Boats in Arizona please view: http://www.azdot.gov/
Boat Transport Pros