Missouri Boat Transport
Missouri Boat Transporters have to follow the Missouri state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Missouri the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. You may call 1-573-751-7100 for additional information. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 12’4” wide to 14’ wide will require an escort(s)
- Any boat 14’ to 16’ wide will require two escorts and may have additional restrictions
- A height pole is required for loads over 15’6”
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply in metropolitan areas and on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Missouri DOT at http://www.modot.mo.gov/
This info applies to all Boat Transport, Powerboat Transport, Sailboat Transport, Yacht Transport, and Small Boat Transport.
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros