Nevada Boat Transport
Nevada Boat Transporters have to follow the Nevada state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Nevada the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- On 2-lane roads any boat 12’ to 14’ wide will require one escort
- On 2-lane roads any boat over 14’ to 16’2” will require two escorts
- On 2-lane roads any boat over 16’3 will require three or more escorts
- A height pole is required on loads over 15’6”
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Nevada DOT at http://www.nevadadot.com/
This info applies to all Boat Transport, Powerboat Transport, Sailboat Transport, Yacht Transport, and Small Boat Transport.
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros