New Mexico Boat Transport
New Mexico Boat Transporters have to follow the New Mexico state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in New Mexico the hours of operation are regulated. Generally, the hours of operation are sunrise to sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 14’ wide will require one escort
- Any boat over 20’ wide will require additional escorts if traveling more than 5 miles
- A height pole is required on loads over 16’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sundays and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit New Mexico DOT at https://dot.state.nm.us/content/nmdot/en.html
This info applies to all Boat Transport, Powerboat Transport, Sailboat Transport, Yacht Transport, and Small Boat Transport.
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience, we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros