Rhode Island Boat Transport
Rhode Island Boat Haulers have to follow the Rhode Island state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats& Yacht Transportation:
- Rhode Island Boat Transportationoperating hours are regulated. Boat movers generally work the hours of operation are one-half hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state and a permit service is required. Allow at least 24 hours prior to transport to obtain a permit. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Boat Transporters and Boat Haulers in Rhode Island need to be aware that any boat over 12’ wide to 14’6” wide will require one escort, On 2-lane highways two escorts are required any load over 12’wide, and any boat over 14’6’ will require two escorts, and a height pole is required on any load over 14’.
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Rhode Island DOT at http://www.dot.ri.gov/
Boat Transport Pros
Rhode Island Coastal Communities
Narragansett | Portsmouth | Providence | Kingston | Pawtucket | Cranston | Block Island | Westerly | Charlestown | Wakefield | Warwick | Warren | Tiverton | Newport Harbor | Bristol |
Rhode Island Bodies of Water
Atlantic Ocean | Narragansett Bay | Scituate Reservoir | Rhode Island Sound | Blackstone River | Sakonnet River | Ninigret Pond | Point Judith Pond | Greenwich Bay | Pawtuxet River | Providence River