Montana Boat Transport
Montana Boat Transporters have to follow the Montana state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Montana the hours of operation are regulated on certain holidays, but generally the hours of operation are 24/7.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. You must notify port of entry in advance of your arrival and permits must be purchased at same. For more info call 406-444-6130. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 16’5” wide will require an escort; except on non-interstate highways which require an escort for any load over 12’wide
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Montana DOT at http://www.mdt.mt.gov/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros