Mississippi Boat Transport
Mississippi Boat Transporters have to follow the Mississippi state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- Boat haulers in Mississippi operating the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.But check with your Mississippi Boat haulers for details.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. You may call 1-888-737-0061 for additional information. They will ask for insurance info, so be sure to have that handy. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits. It’s best to call your boat haulers for further info.
- Yacht Transportation and Mississippi Boat transportation must abide by the following:
- Any boat over 12’ wide will require an escort(s)
- Any boat over 16’ wide will require two escorts
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Mississippi DOT at http://www.dmv.org/ms-mississippi/
Boat Transport Pros
Bodies of Water
Gulf of Mexico | Mississippi River | Pearl River | Grenada Lake | Ross Barnett Reservoir | Yazoo River | Sardis Lake | Bay Springs Lake | Tennessee River |
Gulfport | Biloxi | Long Beach | Ocean Springs | Pascagoula | East Jackson County | Vancleave | D’Iberville | Moss Point | Gautier | Pass Christian |