Minnesota Boat Transport
Minnesota Boat Transporters have to follow the Minnesota state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Minnesota the hours of operation are regulated.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state and applications may be faxed. Allow at least 24 hours prior to transport to obtain a permit. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 12’6” wide will require an escort(s)
- Any boat over 14’6” wide will require two escorts on non-divided highways and may require only one escort on divided highways
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Minnesota DOT at http://www.dot.state.mn.us/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros