Illinois Boat Transport
Illinois Boat Transporters have to follow the Illinois state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Illinois the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. For your convenience, you may call for a permit (217) 785-1477.
- Additional permits may be required for tolls. For more information contact (217) 782-6273
- Any boat over 14’6” wide requires one to two escorts
- Any boat over 16’ wide requires three escorts
- A height pole is required on loads over 14’6”
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel is NOT permitted on Sunday and restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Illinois DOT at http://dot.state.il.us/
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros