Idaho Boat Transport
Idaho Boat Transporters have to follow the Idaho state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When transporting a boat in Idaho the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation have little or no restrictions
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits. You may call for a permit and frequently dimensions will be verified.
- Any boat over 12’ wide requires an escort
- A height pole is required on loads over 16’
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to transport.
- Travel may be permitted on weekends; however, restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit http://www.itd.idaho.gov/itdredirect.htm
**This information is being provided as a helpful guide to assist you in the transport of your vessel. Some of the information may have changed or been updated, so check local and state regulations to ensure accuracy. For your convenience we have listed a website for additional information.
Boat Transport Pros