Louisiana Boat Transport
Louisiana Boat Transporters and yacht transportation companies have to follow the Louisiana state DOT regulations at all times. Requirements for over size boats:
- When boat haulers in Louisiana are operating the hours of operation are regulated. Generally the hours of operation are one half hour before sunrise to one half hour after sunset.
- Any boat over 8’6” wide must have a permit issued by the state and a permit service is required. Keep in mind that some cities and metropolitan areas may require additional permits.
- Any boat over 12’ wide will require an escortfor all boat movers.
- Any load that can be reduced to legal, 13’6”, must be done so prior to boat transport.
- Travel restrictions may apply on federal and state holidays.
For more info visit Louisiana DOT at http://www.dotd.state.la.us/
Boat Transport Pros
Bodies of Water
Gulf of Mexico | Mississippi River | Spanish Lake | Sabine River | Cross Lake | Cane River Lake | Bayou Teche | Lake Pontchartrain | Chandler Sound | White Lake | Grand Lake | Calcasieu Lake | Bayou Lafourche | Boeuf River | Lake Cataouatche | Atchafalaya Basin | Ouachita River |
Sabine | New Orleans | Houma | Baton Rouge | Bayou Vista | Morgan City | Mandeville | Lacomb | Akers | Kenner | Slidell | Madisonville | Metairie